Thursday, February 14, 2008

Rejection


What is it about rejection that we hate?

I think for me, it means that I've fallen short. That I'm not good enough.
It also means I might have to end up alone.

Alone is not fun. Alone is scary.

So, I do everything I can to make sure that I'm not rejected.

But, still it happens.

I don't think I'm alone. I think we all have a fear of rejection.

It's kind of ironic that I'm talking about rejection on Valentine's Day. At first I thought it would be the completely wrong topic, and that I should write about God's love...or something like that, but maybe it's not such a bad topic after all. I guess from things that have been going on at work it's been on my mind a lot lately.

I want to ask you why. Why do you fear rejection?

Does knowing that God loves you and will never reject you, because he loves you through his Son, who was the perfect sacrifice for our sins, help?
Or, do you feel like God has rejected you too?

Talk to me. about rejection.

No comments: